Youthfulness and radiance emerge from inner wellness: the delicate balance of our genetics, environment, and lifestyle. Your skin reveals your personal story: smile lines from years of laughter and freckles from walks on the beach. Facial rejuvenation retains your unique qualities while creating a natural beauty.
Over the years sun exposure, smoking, stress, hormonal changes, and bone, fat, and collagen loss can result in fine lines and wrinkles, textural changes, laxity, uneven pigmentation, and facial hollowing.
As everyone ages differently, some people experience just one or a few of these issues, while others may experience nearly all of them.
Facial rejuvenation offers a solution!
Treatment options are tailored to suit your individual health, lifestyle, genetics, and budget.
- AURAE MD Skin Care as the most essential and cost effective way of rejuvenating your skin, preventing further sun damage, and maintaining the results of any other therapy.
- Lumecca for pigment changes (brown spots and redness), improved skin texture and pore size, reversing the signs of sun damage, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and stimulating collagen growth.
- Forma radiofrequency therapy for “no downtime” smoothing and tightening of the skin, reducing fine lines, and wrinkles, and creating a radiant glow.
- Fractora for fractional radiofrequency rejuvenation that reduces wrinkles, improves skin laxity, texture, and complexion by tightening and stimulating collagen. Also very effective for scars and stretch marks.
- Injectables for relaxing and smoothing wrinkles, correcting facial hollowing under the eyes and temples, and restoring youthful contours around the nose, mouth, cheeks, and jawline.
- FracTotal Facial for a completely customized combination of Lumecca, Forma, Fractora and injectables that provides the ultimate in comprehensive rejuvenation.
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) for stimulating skin renewal in combination with fractional and injection therapies.
- Stem cell facelift to restore volume, lift, and renewal using your own stem cells and PRP.
- Dermal micro needling to stimulate collagen and elastin, reduce wrinkles, and improve scars and stretch marks, while enhancing the absorption of topicals and growth factors
- Medications, nutrition, and hormonal support are often overlooked but extremely important components of maintaining youthfulness.
Addressing all of your bodies needs provide the most effective results.
Discover your youthful and regenerative potential!
Schedule a consultation today.
Acne is a common problem for both teens and adults that can be socially disruptive and uncomfortable. Acne consists of a buildup of bacteria, excess oil, and dead skin cells. It can range from mild to severe and occur on various parts of the body. It can be influenced by stress, hormones, topical products, inflammation, and allergies.
There is no single, best treatment for acne because it’s various causes must be addressed.
Fortunately, many effective solutions exist:
- AURAE MD Acne Skincare provides an effective, gentle, daily treatment for decreasing inflammation, bacteria and the build up of dead skin cells while keeping skin protected, healthy and balanced.
- Lumecca light therapy kills bacteria, decreases oil production, decreases pore size, and addresses acne discoloration in a painless, easy procedure.
- Photodynamic Therapy targets acne bacteria, decreases oil production, refines pores, improves skin texture, and lessens redness and scarring. It is very effective for more severe forms of acne.
- Fractora is effective for addressing deep or widespread acne scarring and cystic acne.
- Topicals such as retinoids, antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, and natural acids can be an effective part of a comprehensive approach.
- Chemical Peels are an easy, effective treatment that decrease oil production, refine skin texture, lessen mild scars, and can reduce inflammation.
- Addressing hormonal causes can have a dramatic effect on acne as hormone imbalances can increase oil production.
- Addressing allergies and inflammation as acne is an inflammatory condition.
- Good Nutrition supplies anti-oxidants, nutrients that promote skin health, decreases overall inflammation, helps to balance hormones, manage stress, and fight infection.
Schedule a consultation.
Rosacea is a very visible skin condition, which affects millions of people worldwide.
- Facial redness due to small blood vessels that enlarge and become more visible. This can vary depending on skin tone and severity.
- Swollen bumps that resemble acne, and can be painful and sensitive to the touch.
- Skin thickening and hardening, especially around the nose.
- Eye irritation, swelling, dryness and reddened eyelids.
In many cases, eye irritation is the first sign that a person may be dealing with rosacea. Those who deal with rosacea typically suffer from flare-ups, where symptoms increase for a short period of time.
There is no definitive cause of rosacea. It’s possible that rosacea is hereditary, or it may stem from certain environmental factors. Certain risk factors can also contribute to worsening symptoms, or lead to flare-ups, usually by increasing blood flow to the skin or increasing the size of the blood vessels.
- Certain medications
- Hot water
- Excessive heat or cold
- Sunlight exposure
- Hot or spicy foods
- Gut inflammation
Although there is no cure for rosacea, a variety of treatment options exist that can lessen the appearance of symptoms or reduce the pain associated with rosacea. Treatment options for rosacea include:
- Antibiotic medication
- Certain acne medications
- Lumecca light therapy
- Anti-inflammatory diet
The best rosacea treatment course depends on the individual nature of your condition.
Schedule a consultation to review your treatment options.
Melasma is a common skin problem that appears as brown to grayish-brown patches on the cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, or above the upper lip. It can also appear on other parts of the body that get sun exposure, such as the forearms and neck.
The first line of treatment for melasma is sun protection. This means wearing sunscreen every day and reapplying it often. Wearing a wide-brimmed hat when you are outside is also essential, as sunscreen alone may not give you the protection you need.
Women are far more likely than men to get melasma as hormones seem to trigger it.
What causes melasma is not yet clear. It likely occurs when the pigment-making cells in the skin (melanocytes) become over-reactive in response to a trigger.
Common melasma triggers include:
- Sun exposure: Ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun stimulates the melanocytes. In fact, just a small amount of sun exposure can make melasma return after fading. Sun exposure is why melasma often is worse in summer. It also is the main reason why many people with melasma get it again and again.
- A change in hormones: Pregnant women often get melasma. When melasma appears in pregnant women, it is called chloasma, or the mask of pregnancy. Birth control pills and hormone replacement medicine can also trigger melasma.
- Cosmetics: Skin care products that irritate the skin may worsen melasma.
Melasma can fade on its own. This often happens when a trigger is causing the melasma, such as pregnancy or birth control pills. Melasma, however, can last for years and reoccur or never completely resolve. Effective treatments do exist to help manage melasma:
- Hydroquinone is a common first line treatment for melasma. It is applied to the skin and works by lightening the skin. AURAE MD Skin Care offers hydroquinone in customized percentages to suit all skin types.
- Retinoids and corticosteroids, in addition to hydroquinone, further enhance skin lightening by increasing skin renewal, and calming inflammation.
- Botanicals and other topicals such as azelaic and kojic acid may be used in conjunction with hydroquinone or as a more natural alternative.
- Chemical peels gently done in a series diminish melasma and renew the skin.
- Laser and Light therapies done very gently may also be effective depending on your skin type and melasma triggers.
Although melasma can be challenging, it can be managed with a proper evaluation, thoughtful treatment, and maintenance therapy.
Schedule a consultation.
Collagen is a naturally occurring substance in our skin that promotes elasticity. In essence, this substance gives skin its youthful and smooth appearance. As we age, the body stops producing collagen as effectively, leading to skin sagging and wrinkles.
UV radiation or sun exposure is thought to be the single most influential cause of skin aging and loss of elasticity. Genetics, nutrition, hormones, and weight gain or loss can further affect skin laxity. A comprehensive approach to skin health and promoting collagen production is the best strategy to maintain a youthful tone and radiance.
- Nutrition that provides the building blocks of healthy skin.
- Exercise that promotes excellent circulation to the skin to provide nutrients and eliminate toxins.
- Eliminate environmental effects such as smoking and too much sun exposure.
- Address hormonal imbalances as estrogen, testosterone, DHEA, and thyroid hormones all have an effect on your skin’s integrity.
- AURAE MD Skincare to effectively protect against UV radiation, nourish, hydrate, tighten, and stimulate collagen production.
- Forma and Plus noninvasive, no downtime radiofrequency treatments that comfortably tighten and smooth your skin resulting in reduced wrinkles and sagging and a radiant glow. Forma and Plus are appropriate for any skin type and any area of the body that needs to be toned, smoothed, and lifted.
Common areas are face, chin, neck, back, abdomen, thighs, knees, and buttocks. Forma and Plus can also be combined with any other rejuvenating technique for a truly effective, customized therapy.
- Fractora fractional radiofrequency rejuvenation and resurfacing tightens and stimulates collagen, effectively reducing wrinkles, improving skin laxity, texture, and complexion. Fractora can be used anywhere on the face and body for collagen stimulation and skin renewal. Treatments can be customized to patient concerns, lifestyle and skin type allowing for incredible versatility.
- FracTotal Facial is a completely customized combination of Lumecca, Forma, Fractora and injectables that provides the ultimate in comprehensive collagen stimulation, skin tightening, and rejuvenation.
Learn about which option is best for you!
Schedule a consultation.
Non-Surgical Body Contouring
Good nutrition and balanced exercise are the best ways to maintain a healthy body, but genetics, child-bearing, hormonal changes, weight loss, and even certain surgical procedures can lead to unwanted areas of fat, cellulite, and skin laxity.
Nonsurgical body contouring offers a comfortable, easy way to tighten skin, reduce fat, and minimize cellulite with
- No bruising
- No bleeding
- No scars
- No pain
- No downtime
There are many different ways to remove or diminish fat from liposuction to freezing. Unfortunately, removing or destroying fat does not equal tightening the skin, or reducing cellulite.
BodyFx is a unique triple technology treatment that painlessly reduces fat, tightens skin, and addresses cellulite.
It is perfect for upper arms, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, and calves.
Learn more about the beautiful body shaping results of BodyFx!
Schedule a consultation.
Scars may present in various forms, shapes, and sizes. Some scars are almost imperceptible, whereas others can be large, discolored, and difficult to hide. How we form scars depends upon the nature of an injury, subsequent treatment, and genetics.
Collagen production is an essential part of skin healing; so most scar therapies involve stimulating natural, normal collagen formation, and controlling abnormal collagen production.
Scar overgrowth often must be treated with injectable or topical medications that inhibit inflammation and abnormal collagen production. Sometimes special silicone pads or medications are prescribed to minimize scarring. This is often done after surgical procedures.
Scar therapy depends upon multiple factors, including the depth, size, location, age, and type of scar as well as your genetics.
Acne scars are usually the result of inflamed blemishes caused by skin pores engorged with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. The pore swells, causing a break in the follicle wall. Shallow lesions are usually minor and heal quickly. But if there is a deep break in the wall of the pore, infected material can spill out into surrounding tissue, creating deeper lesions. The skin attempts to repair these lesions by forming new collagen fibers. These repairs usually aren’t as smooth and flawless as the original skin.
Acne scars come in various forms from raised to small, deep holes to depressed areas.
To minimize scarring:
- Stay out of the sun. Overexposure to the sun can darken scars and make them look more prominent
- Don’t irritate your skin by over washing or scrubbing. Understand and use skin care that has been prescribed just for your specific concerns.
- Never pick acne. Bacteria from your fingers and skin increase the risk of additional cysts forming, leading to the development of a larger scar.
New techniques can dramatically improve both the depth and appearance of acne scars.
- Lumecca light therapy to stimulate collagen and elastin, address any red discoloration, and inhibit further acne formation. An initial series followed by maintenance treatments are recommended.
- Fractora fractional radiofrequency to stimulate collagen production, shrink scars, decrease oil production, and reduce discoloration. This is usually done in a series of 3 treatments. PRP may also be added to assist collagen production.
- Fractionated CO2 or Erbium laser treatments smooth the skin’s surface, shrink scars, and stimulate collagen and elastin.
- Chemical peels result in smoother skin and lessen the appearance of scars by removing built up layers of dead skin cells.
- Fillers offer a temporary method of plumping and smoothing acne scars.
All treatments work best in combination with good acne prevention and management therapies.
Schedule a consultation.
Stretch marks occur when collagen is overstretched during rapid growth such as during pregnancy, puberty, and weight changes. It is often hereditary, and can also be seen with certain medications such as steroids or with Cushing’s Syndrome.
Stretch marks are best treated early when they are still purple or red. It is more challenging to treat stretch marks once they have turned white. Although it’s not possible to completely eliminate stretch marks, satisfactory improvements can be achieved
- Lumecca light therapy to stimulate collagen and elastin, and address any purple or red discoloration. Multiple treatments are required.
- Fractora fractional radiofrequency to stimulate collagen production and tighten skin. This is the most effective therapy once stretch marks have turned white. Multiple treatments are usually required.
Platelet Rich Plasma combined with Fractora or Dermal Micro-needling for the treatment of scars is an exciting new option. This method utilizes the same technology that has been applied for injury recovery to reduce the visibility of scars.
PRP for scar reduction has been used to treat:
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Minor burn scars
The benefit of PRP is that you are using your own body’s natural growth factors to stimulate and accelerate healing.
Schedule a consultation and see if PRP is right for you.
Laser Hair removal is a very popular and desired procedure for both men and women. It can decrease ingrown hairs and irritation from waxing and shaving as well as make your skin feel and look smoother. Hair growth can be influenced by hormonal imbalances, metabolic problems, genetic disposition or as a side effect of some medications. It’s important to know what factors affect your hair growth in order to receive the most effective therapy.
Hair removal lasers beam highly concentrated light specifically into hair follicles, where it is absorbed by the pigment in the follicle, destroying the hair.
A series of treatments over time with subsequent maintenance gives the best results.
Your skin color, hair color, thickness, and location are taken into consideration to give you the best possible treatment (laser therapy is not effective for blonde or white hair).
Diolaze XL is a fast, comfortable, safe, advanced laser hair removal procedure. Popular treatment areas include the bikini, legs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, stomach, chin, face, and sideburns.
Achieve the smooth, soft skin that you’ve always wanted!
Schedule a consultation today.
Medical Grade Skin Care
Finding the right skincare can be an overwhelming task. AURAE MD Skin Care was developed to provide a customized, easy, affordable, highly effective 4-step program to address all skin types and concerns. No more guessing, just results!
Whether you desire rejuvenation, anti-aging, acne therapy, or sensitive skin care, we have you covered.
We are happy to assist you in choosing the best products for your specific needs. Please call to order. Products are available via shipping or in our beautiful La Jolla office.
Discover your radiance!
Schedule a consultation to learn more!